Family Development Consultant
This position determines enrollment eligibility of a client referral, assists the client in the development of an individualized service plan to enable them to become financially self-sufficient including providing mentoring/support, referrals, and follow-up to meet the objectives of the client’s service plan. Recruitment of clients may be necessary This position will work from the main office in South Bend, IN and serve St. Joseph County residents.
- Establishes and maintains a minimum active caseload of twenty (20) families.
- Completes intake and determines potential client eligibility for services.
- Assesses client needs and strengths. Assists the client in the development of a specific service plan. Takes appropriate action to initiate and monitor client progress toward service plan objectives.
- Assist with recruitment of program clients through communication with community agencies and/or attending community events.
- Meets with the client on a regular basis establishing a nurturing, trusting relationship with the client.
- Maintain comprehensive client records and complete outcome reports for caseload.
- Develops and coordinates Educational Support Groups for clients, at least quarterly.
- Acts as client advocate when circumstances dictate.
- Refers client to services available through community agencies and organizations.
- Provides information and referral services to potential clients.
- Presents oneself as an appropriate role model by modeling goal setting, problem solving, time management skills, and ethical behavior.
- Establish and maintain required caseload.
- Completes required documentation and reports in a concise, timely manner.
- Assist client in establishing and monitoring of a personal finance budget.
- Works closely and coordinates with other agency staff members.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
- Provides program presentations to community agencies as needed.
- Consults with Family Development Coordinator.
- Alerts Family Development Coordinator when his/her consultation is required.
- Assists with production of quarterly client newsletter.
- Provides 37.5 hours of services per week.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by Family Development Coordinator.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field
- Two years direct experience in social services field is preferred.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ability to recruit and engage clients.
- The ability to assess client’s specific needs and strengths and develop realistic goal plans to self-sufficiency barriers.
- Ability to understand and relate to behavior of individuals.
- Ability to support the objectives of the Agency.
- Ability to perform with a team concept.
- Ability to perform independently.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population
- Ability to self-start.
- Ability to be accountable for time management.
- Ability to follow designated instructions and grant guidelines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interviewing, organizing and assessment skills.
- Knowledge of the geographical area.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of the parenting process.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Ability to learn internal database program
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
The work is normally accomplished by the application of standardized guidelines to individual client situations. Deviations from standard instructions or guidelines must be referred to the Family Development Coordinator. Client files are reviewed at the discretion of the Family Development Coordinator, quarterly, at a minimum.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
- Family Development Coordinator.
- Other self-sufficiency Case Managers.
- Other REAL Services staff.
- Self-sufficiency case managers in outlying counties.
- Other community agencies and organizations that provide client services.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting. Very limited physical effort required. Regular and recurring travel required.
- Dependable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Some evening work will be required. Some weekend work may be required.
- Some out of the county travel may be occasionally required.
- Normally seated or walking at will; regular and recurring travel. Approximately, 50% work in office, and 50% work in field.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a six- (6) month probationary period.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app