REAL Services Celebrated Community Heroes at 25th Annual Age of Excellence Luncheon And Celebrated 55 Years Of Service
The 25th Annual Age of Excellence Awards Event was held May 5th, at The Century Center, South Bend, Indiana, celebrated more than 200 nominees of individuals and organizations for their commitment, dedication, and help to those in our community who need it the most – the elderly and low-income individuals.
REAL Services also celebrated its 55th anniversary of giving back to the community and commitment to fighting for the independence, strength, and dignity of the 45,000 community members they serve.
The keynote speaker was Rocky Bleier, who shared his experience of being a U.S. Army Veteran, a University of Notre Dame Football national champion, and a 1978 Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XIII Champion. He inspired all with his story of overcoming many obstacles through his life that led him to his success. Rocky also shared the importance of giving back to the community and how it can make a real difference in the lives of so many.
The following awards were given by Bleier and REAL Services’ President and CEO, Becky Zaseck, and board chair Ryan Brennan:
- Business of the Year: Heart at Home, LLC.
- Professional of the Year: Daniel Anton
- Wyatt Mick Volunteer of the Year: Connie Wendt
- Agency/Program Serving-Low Income: Compassionate Health Center of Fulton County
- Change Agent of the Year: Jim Baxter
- Caregiver of the Year: Frank Thomas
- Sargent Shriver Lifetime Achievement: Kathy Schneider
- Les Fox Hoosier Lifetime Award: Sharon Carnes
- Community Leader of the Year: Dr. Mark Fox
President and CEO, Becky Zaseck said, “It is such an honor to celebrate the exemplary and inspiring work of the nominees. We are grateful and humbled by their dedication to creating strong communities.”
REAL Services is grateful for all attendees, sponsors, and Terry McFadden from WNDU for their support of Age of Excellence.