Weatherization Program Administrative Assistant
This full-time, at-will position is responsible for managing the office working in the Weatherization department. This is including but not limited to: taking phone calls, being the front desk greater for walk ins, intake of potential Weatherization clients, tracking all required documentation, ensuring the inner office mail is routinely delivered and picked up from the main office, CEU tracking and maintaining for both Weatherization staff and contractors, maintaining all required files as determined by IHCDA and REAL Services and ensuring the office is stocked with office supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing the flow of paperwork in the department.
- Ensuring the paper goods are replenished in a timely manner.
- Maintain a steady flow of clientele through the intake process.
- Take referrals from other REAL Services programs, determine client eligibility.
- Return phone calls from potential clients and referral sources within 1 business day.
- Understand program guidelines and ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Maintain both the paper files and electronic files for each home.
- Work with Weatherization staff to ensure open communication.
- Refer clients to other agencies as necessary.
- Maintain and update departmental inventory.
- Maintain client master intake/job list.
- Ensure that Weatherization office is covered during business hours.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
This position is responsible for the management of the office for the Weatherization program. The role is vital in ensuring that those working in the department have required supplies, materials and information to meet all contractual agreements and obligations.
This position is also responsible for the intake, work flow tracking and filing of individuals within the Weatherization program. This position is vital to the success of the program and should be approached as a key role to the program.
Supervisory participation is limited. However, the work is generally reviewed upon conclusion, or when a particular problem occurs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum High school diploma or general education degree, (GED);
- Experience in data entry, Microsoft office and other tracking systems.
- Bilingual capabilities a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be standing, walking or sitting at a desk, in a typical office setting. Some physical effort may be required. Travel to the homes served by Weatherization clients and out of office sites to take Weatherization applications is required. Valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of basic computer applications, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to coordinate work with Weatherization Director.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with working with the low income population.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing).
- Comfortable with public speaking.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With Director of Weatherization and all Weatherization staff.
- With Weatherization contractors.
- With clients.
- Work with IHCDA and other agencies in a cooperative relationship.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a driver history check, pre-employment drug screening, a limited criminal history check, National Sex Offender Registry check and fingerprinting.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6-month probationary period.
- Must have a good driving record and meet minimum standards for auto insurance requirements.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app