This full-time position is responsible for maintaining and updating the Nutrition Module information, checking all weekly and monthly reports for accuracy and making sure that all Nutrition Sites have the proper paperwork needed to comply with their duties. This person will train all new employees in the proper reporting procedures and will update all reporting training and manuals as needed. Additionally this person will work closely with Lead Nutrition Coordinator on special projects, help provide coverage at sites, and perform inspections, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Visits sites to audit paperwork for accuracy.
- Assist the Nutrition Coordinator to provide information to the various communities at large to increase the number of Nutrition participants and the number of meals served per year.
- Checks Weekly Site reports for accuracy and to make sure reports are turned in on time.
- Check Sign in sheets to make sure that each client has signed in and that the monthly logs are accurate based on the sign in sheets.
- May conducts monthly informational meetings with Site Directors; provides social and informational programs at sites.
- Covers Nutrition Sites when needed because of vacation or sick absences of Site Directors.
- Assist monitoring sites with Nutrition Coordinator four times per year.
- Inputs client data into nutrition module.
- Helps the Nutrition Program stay in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
The job requires the application of accepted practice to individual situations. The incumbent receives specific instruction on new types of assignments and all work is reviewed for adherence to guidelines and soundness of judgment. This position may be paid for by Older American’s Act (TIIIC or TIIID).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Serve-Safe Certification preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of nutrition and the needs of older adults and an understanding of interpersonal relationships.
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel & Publisher) and data entry skills.
- A basic knowledge of the principles of gerontology and stress management, with the ability to help people interrelate in a group setting.
- Good communication skills (oral & written), a knowledge of the community services and programs that are available.
- A practical knowledge of standard methods and procedures of a specialized field developed through extended experience or on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of State Health Department regulations.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Guidelines are well established and judgment is limited to relating those guidelines to specific circumstances or cases. The work is restricted in scope, but of substantial intricacy such as the necessity to occasionally handle difficult situations quickly and tactfully with the flexibility to use initiative and judgment; also, using creativity in planning activities.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With public and clients to explain or interpret policies.
- With staff and volunteers to maintain coordination and promote cooperative work relationships.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting, nutrition sites within area or various community locations. Very limited physical effort required. Regular and recurring travel required.
- Valid driver’s license, company required minimum auto insurance coverage & a dependable vehicle required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app