This full-time position is an integral support for Options Counselors as they complete the initial assessment process and provide options counseling to meet individual’s needs. The Master Scheduler sets initial appointments, contacts vendors and assists with other special projects to support the team and provide services to individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following.
- Arranges appointments with individuals for Options Counselors.
- Assist in preparing individuals for initial assessments and help them understand the intake process.
- Assists Option Counselors by identifying vendors per Services Plans.
- Assist with reports and tracking as needed.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions when appropriate and alerts Supervisor when his/her consultation is needed.
- Appraises appropriate staff to any problems encountered.
- Documents activities appropriately.
- Assists with special projects.
- Updates and maintains CaMSS and other required computer systems.
- Performs other duties in support of the team or to provide services to individuals.
The work involves the application of standardized or accepted practices, normally in connection with individual cases, persons, or situations. All work is reviewed for adherence to instructions or guidelines, as well as soundness of judgment.
This position may be paid for by Area Agency on Aging programs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to follow instructions, established processes and procedures, and to complete required forms accurately.
- Ability to communicate well (both oral and written), to utilize sound judgment, and to work cooperatively and productively toward team goals.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, the Medicaid application and approval process.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, the CHOICE approval process.
- Ability to relate to the needs of individuals and to accurately relay information to staff from home care agencies, assisted living and other vendor agencies.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; knowledge of the geographical area.
- A practical knowledge of practices, rules, regulations and techniques developed through on-the-job training and extended experience.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices and procedures of a specialized field and the ability to utilize this knowledge effectively.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including but not limited to telephone, facsimile, copy machines, printers and computer equipment.
- Ability to use CaMSS, other computer programs, as relevant to successful completion of the job.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Most of the work is performed in accordance to specific instructions by Supervisor for tracking and reporting purposes. The position demands judgment be exercised in selecting the most appropriate method to convey information to individual or the individual’s family. The work is repetitive in nature inasmuch as the same forms and procedures are utilized over and over, but does involve variables and consideration when dealing with diverse situations.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With Options Counselors, Team Leaders and department Directors.
- With individuals, families, and other formal/informal supports.
- With staff in other departments to ensure integrated and forward thinking in approaches to individual’s care.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting. Very limited physical effort required. Travel is periodically required.
- Valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening, National Sex Offender Registry check, motor vehicle history driver check and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
- Health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Two-part retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal days
- Paid sick leave
- 8 1/2 paid holidays
- Plus a bonus paid floating holiday that you choose
- 37.5 hours/week