This full-time position, working along with the Systems Administrator, is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the phone system, network, hardware, software, workstations and servers for REAL Services. The technician will also provide technical support to staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems, databases and other software. Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Set up equipment for new and existing staff members
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines
- Provide training for staff as needed
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases
- Responsible for network and computer hardware installation and repairs
- Provide day-to-day technical support and problem solving
- Coordinate telephone system functions as needed
- Monitor and evaluate systems to insure security to prevent possible breaches.
- Serve as backup to the Systems Administrator
Work with the Systems Administrator to maintain all users, network equipment including computers, printers, scanners, phones, cell phones, iPad, servers and cloud based services.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science or related field. Educational degree can be substituted with 5 years of computer experience, including developing databases, installing hardware and software, network and server experience and a strong background in Microsoft office, Windows workstations and servers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Windows Workstations, IPad, Microsoft Office, Office 365 and Google Apps.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution abilities. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Thorough understanding of computer networking as applied to computer platforms and operating systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to provide excellent service to staff
- Ability to work with individuals with a wide range in computer skill sets
- Ability to evaluate and compare functionality and qualities of various computer systems
- Expertise in network administration
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
The incumbent performs a variety of duties which are broad in scope, requiring consideration of several complex variables in troubleshooting and maintaining the network. Work requires analysis of unusual circumstances to determine the best method to achieve desired results. Individual judgment and personal decision-making is needed.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With Agency staff, Supervisors, Directors and President/CEO
- With Vendors, State and Federal representatives
- With auditors from the State and CPA firms to convey information and answer questions when needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting. Some physical effort required (some lifting). Occasional travel to county and outlying offices. Very occasional after hours/weekend work.
- Valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening, a limited criminal history check and credit check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app