Food Truck/Culinary Assistant
This full-time at-will HOURLY position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Real Grille Food Truck, including, but not limited to: Cashier duties, meal preparation, meal serving and maintenance/cleanliness of work areas. This position also assists with food preparation and delivery operations for the Congregate, Meals on Wheels and Catering programs. Assistant will aid in meal preparation on the hot and cold side of the Kitchen and cover shifts for staff as needed. Assistant is responsible for making sure all diets are prepared according to guidelines, menus and recipes. Assistant reports directly to Kitchen Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares hot and cold meals for the Food Truck, Congregate, Meals on Wheels and Catering programs.
- Driving, maneuvering, parking, setting up and breaking down food truck as needed.
- Loading and unloading of food and supplies to and from the food truck
- Cashier duties on The Real Grille food truck which includes: Taking customer orders, payment and handing out orders.
- Maintains Food Truck keeping it cleaned and making sure to handle all maintenance of vehicle within scope of ability.
- Follows standardized recipes and reviews recipes to make sure the best products and menu items are being served.
- Covers for kitchen staff during vacation and sick times as needed.
- Fill in for delivery staff when needed. This includes Catering, Congregate and Meals on Wheels programs.
The job requires the application of accepted practice to individual situations. The incumbent receives specific instruction on new types of assignments and all work is reviewed for adherence to guidelines and soundness of judgment. This position may be paid for by Older American’s Act (TIIIC) and Food Truck profits.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Serve-Safe Certification (Safe food handling certification) required incumbent may be allowed time to obtain certification.
- 3 years or more of food service experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Good driving record
- Basic computer knowledge. Including handling POS system.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of nutritional needs for older adults.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, delivery equipment operation/utilization.
- A basic knowledge of supervising employees and stress management.
- Good communication skills oral and written.
- Knowledge of bulk food preparation.
- Knowledge of dietary requirements and special diets.
- A practical knowledge of standard methods and procedures of a specialized field developed through extended experience or on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of State Health Department regulations and safe food handling procedures.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Guidelines are well established and judgment is limited to relating those guidelines to specific circumstances or cases, including creativity in meal preparation. The work is restricted in scope, but of substantial intricacy to necessitate occasionally handling difficult situations quickly and tactfully, with the flexibility to use initiative and judgment.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With clients, public and staff to maintain coordination and promote cooperative work relationships.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually standing, or walking at will in a typical kitchen setting. Physical effort is required during meal preparation, service and storage of bulk foods. Travel is required moving Food Truck to locations and while delivering meals and caterings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening, National Sex Offender Registry check, driver history check and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6-month probationary period.
- Valid driver’s license.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app