This full-time hourly position is responsible for assisting the Prep Cook in cold food preparation for the Congregate, Meals on Wheels and Catering Programs. Hours: 6:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. (hours may vary with some weekends and evenings).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparing all cold foods
- Help set up and tear down volunteers lunch area
- Assist on hot food line
- Prep food for next day (Jello, pies, cakes, salads, etc)
- Bag milk
- Clean and sanitize prep area daily
- Clean refrigerator weekly
The Dietary Aide is responsible for assisting the Prep Cook prepare sack lunches for the Meal Program clients. Food must be handled in a sanitary fashion to prevent contamination causing clients to become ill. The Aide bags up the milk to be sent out to the clients making sure that the proper amount of milk is readied. The Aide cleans the cold food preparation daily making sure to sanitize all work surfaces before and after food preparation. This is done to eliminate cross contamination. The aide cleans the refrigerator weekly. The Aide notifies the Purchasing Coordinator or the Director of food shortages or unsuitable foods.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of State Health Department Regulations
- Knowledge of special diets
- Ability to lift institutional packaged food and supplies
- Knowledge of bulk food preparation
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
The position requires knowledge of food preparation and the ability to adjust food product to fit various dietary diets. Specific recipes should be followed to maintain consistency.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With Kitchen and office staff
- With Volunteers
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually standing most of the day. Lifting of institutional food products and supplies are usual. Safety must be adhered to when working with kitchen equipment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening, National Sex Offender Registry check and a limited criminal history check.
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
- Health insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Two-part retirement plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal days
- Paid sick leave
- 8 1/2 paid holidays
- Plus a bonus paid floating holiday that you choose
- 37.5 hours/week