Case Aide-Marshall County
This full-time at-will position is responsible for supporting the administrative functions and other supportive tasks within the Care Management department, as well as other areas within the Area Agency on Aging. This position enhances the ability of the AAA programs to manage projects, meet program standards, and enhance the Care Management Department’s service delivery and meet our individuals’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Send Care Management Welcome Letters and referral letters.
- Print and mail Eligibility Determinations and appeal rights.
- Print no contact letters as needed.
- Print and mail Expedited Eligibility determinations and legal notices.
- Attend department and agency meetings.
- Picks up, sorts and distributes AAA mail.
- Assists with data entry and clerical tasks to maintain up to date records and documents.
- May assist with REAL Services and community program referrals, such as Elves for Elders, Thanksgiving meal programs and other seasonal projects, to assist certified care managers. This includes direct client or provider contact.
- Maintains office machines.
- Organizes information for reports as needed.
- Prepares and completes other designated mailings as needed.
- In outer offices, assists with managing office supplies, deliveries and office needs. Works closely with the Care Management leadership team.
- Assists office guests.
- Works collaboratively with other REAL Services Departments, including the Aging and Disability Resource, Energy Assistance, and Development.
- Completes large print jobs needed within the AAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Care Management Case Aide is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to throughout the AAA. Must have the ability to work with Excel, Microsoft Word, Access and Microsoft Publisher. This position must understand and work toward fulfilling the agency’s goals, mission and vision. This position enhances the ability of others to manage projects and meet program standards.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative support position is encouraged
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work with the following programs: Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Microsoft Publisher, Excel and Outlook, Access, Teams.
- Operating knowledge of scanner, printer, copier and fax machines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to accomplish assigned tasks and effectively manage time to ensure completion of tasks.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
The work consists of a variety of tasks, which are simple to complex in nature. Skills are needed in the area of project, time management, and customer services
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONS
Will work with a variety of staff including the Care Management leadership team and Aging and Disability Resource Center regularly.
Will collaborate with staff and community professionals involved in the specific projects assigned. This may include other AAA and REAL Services programs.
May have direct interactions with Care Management clients, their caregivers, providers, community partners, and general community members.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is usually seated, standing or walking at will in a typical office setting. Very limited physical effort required. This position works during REAL Services’ public office hours. The majority of daily responsibilities occur in the office. Some travel is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening, National Sex Offender Registry check, a driver history check and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
- Candidates must agree to sign a “non-compete” clause.
- Automobile and adequate auto insurance are required because driving for Agency business will be an expectation with this position.
- This means the Agency’s required car insurance liability coverage level at time employment begins and maintain it throughout the duration of employment ($100,000/$300,000/$100,000).
(For new employees starting 9/1/20 or after) Password protected home personal internet access of a quality good enough so that you may perform the duties required. Including but not limited to basic web browsing and data entry, make internet based phone and video calls, watch webinars, and participate in online meetings.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app