Care Manager Team Leader Area 2 Agency on Aging/REAL Services, Inc
This full-time position is responsible for providing day-to-day support to a team of Care Managers with the possibility of also having specialized care managers. This leader provides support and guidance, motivating the team to meet the group’s responsibilities with the highest quality of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Provide leadership to the team and work with members to build unity and cohesiveness.
- Inspire person-centered care philosophy. Support a “needs based” service model with the team and practice the model in own work.
- Assist with the hiring process to fill vacant positions in the team.
- Actively collaborate with the Training Coordinator and contribute to the training of new staff as needed.
- Assure the Agency Personnel Policies and Code of Ethics are followed.
- Responsible for insuring that program timelines and guidelines are met.
- Act as a liaison between staff and other A2AA administration positions, state staff, individuals, families, vendors and other community stakeholders.
- Answer questions from individuals and their families. And respond to requests from providers.
- Handle inquiries to explain our agency/ programs to interested parties.
- Manage administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to processing time sheets, expense sheets, staff evaluations and reports.
- Monitor billing of staff time and report status regularly.
- Monitor quality outcomes of the team and report accordingly, communicate and assist in building team understanding and compliance with expectations for outcomes.
- Communicate information to the team. Pass on new/updated information to staff in a timely manner while retaining the integrity of the message.
- Review initial, annual and updated assessments and service plans.
- Ensure service plans are needs-based and cost-effective.
- Serve individuals in a manner that is empowering, patient, compassionate and person-centered. Facilitate the same service delivery within the team.
- Attend meetings with the Care Management department, the agency, and the community.
- Ensure team responsibilities are met.
- Perform Care Management tasks and staff duties when temporary shortages of staff occur.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
This position makes a substantial contribution to the mission of REAL Services, Inc. due to the fact that this person provides the leadership to those who represent us in the community. The attitude and culture of a team of workers is directly influenced by the qualities of this individual. In addition, the appropriate delivery of care to clients is dependent on whether the individual has helped to cultivate and inspire an effective, organized, and coordinated team. It is essential that work is completed in a quality and timely manner and in accordance with the program standards and guidelines. This position may be paid for by Title III-B, SSBG, Medicaid Waiver, CHOICE, TIII-A.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university in social work, psychology, gerontology, counseling; or a license as a registered nurse with one year of experience in human services;
- Or a bachelor’s degree in any other field with a minimum of two years, full-time direct services experience with the elderly or disabled persons. This experience must include assessment, plan of care development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Or applicant may have a master’s degree in a related field to substitute for the required experience.
- An associate’s degree may be considered with four or more years’ experience in human services, assessment, service plan development and implementation.
- Obtain and maintain ongoing Care Manager Certification with the Indiana FSSA Division of Aging.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The ability to inspire and lead a diverse group of individuals is essential.
- The ability to communicate the agency’s mission through words and action.
- Ability to organize workflow and manage workload, applying sound judgement.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally with good interviewing skills.
- Ability and attitude to work productively, independently, cooperatively, and related to the needs of the individuals, colleagues the agency and community partners.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures, to interpret the information and to complete assigned tasks is accurate, concise, and detailed manner.
- Ability to operate office equipment including but not limited to phone, facsimile, copy machines, computer and iPad.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, state-approved care management software and other computer programs, as relevant to successfully execute the job.
- Ability to educate other community partners and staff.
- Knowledge of in-home and community based services, funding sources, eligibility, resources and information available through REAL Services and in the community.
- Ability to assess specific needs both in person and on the telephone. Ability to develop rapport quickly, to emphasize and understand individual behaviors.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
Guidelines are generally clear and complete, with some judgment required in implementing them when unusual circumstances prevail. The Care Manager Team Leader performs fairly independently; however, guidance can be readily obtained by phone or e-mail if advice is needed.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- With individuals and their families.
- With community agencies.
- With people in the community to inform them of our programs and services.
- With agency staff members, including other departments, to meet the needs of individuals.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting. Very limited physical effort required. Regular and recurring travel to, individual homes, meetings and trainings will be performed. Travel within Area 2 Agency on Aging region should be expected.
- Valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle required.
- Regular and reoccurring travel to meetings, training, and individual visits required.
- Must means the Agency’s required car insurance coverage level at time employment begins and
maintain it throughout the duration of employment (100,000/300,000/100,000).
- (For new employee starting 9/1/20 or after) Password protected home personal internet assess of a quality good enough so that you may perform the duties required, including but not limited to basic web browsing and data entry, make internet based phone and video calls, watch webinars, and participate in online meetings.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials and/or licensing is required at time of employment.
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
- Must sign non-compete clause.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app