Asset Building Coordinator-Case Management
This position will provide the skills to build assets to low-income families working in the Family Development Program or other programs within the Community Services Department. This position will provide guidance on money management including budgeting, credit building and employment marketability skills.
- Implement financial education and building net worth that could lead to potential assets for low-income families.
- Work one-on-one with current and future economic participants/clients.
- Assist clients in increasing marketability and readiness for employment.
- Coordinate and maintain record keeping and financial tracking for the IDA match program.
- Coordinate overall program information and training sessions and all logistic details associated.
- Develop and incorporate program measurement tools for on-going accurate assessment of programming.
- Coordinate programming with financial institutions and program funders and state agencies.
- Coordinate adult and youth programs to increase their financial knowledge and skills to program participants.
- Review client files to ensure accuracy and funder compliance.
- Provides information and referral services to potential clients.
- Refers client to services available through REAL Services and other community agencies and organizations.
- Develop and implement regular outreach and program promotion.
- Develop and maintain program policy manual.
- Presents oneself as an appropriate role model by modeling goal setting, problem solving, time management skills, and ethical behavior.
- Completes required documentation and reports in a concise, timely manner.
- Assist client in establishing and monitoring of a personal finance budget.
- Works closely and coordinates with other agency staff members. Complete all funder required reports. Provide Director with program materials, status and outcomes.
- Work closely with others on the team to maintain consistency throughout programs.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
- Provides program presentations to staff and to community agencies as needed.
- Assist in overall mission the Community Services department by working in a team environment to effectively complete other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s B.A. or B.S. degree in Sociology, Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
- Experience in budgeting and managing finances.
- Previous experience in social services field is preferred.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Good organization and effective communication skills (oral and written).
- A specialized knowledge of principles and practices developed through on-the-job training and relevant experience and education.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse clientele.
- Ability to follow designated instructions, established processes and procedures, coupled with the ability to communicate those to staff members in an effective manner.
- Sound judgments, and the ability to organize the work load.
- Ability to connect and instruct (teach) the clients.
- Ability to share program knowledge with other team members.
- Knowledge of the community to be served, the available community resources.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
This position requires a great deal of technical work and continual assessments, the result of which must be related to guidelines which are provided, but which require some judgment when applying them to day-to-day problems or different situations. Although the work is restricted in scope, these various circumstances encountered sometimes demand considerations of substantial intricacy.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
- With REAL Services staff members
- With other service providers in the community
- Family Development staff members
- Self-Sufficiency case managers in outlying counties
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normally seated or walking at will. Regular and recurring travel
- In office approximately 70%; out of office 30%
- Dependable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Some evening work will be required. Some weekend work may be required.
- Some out of county travel will be required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug screening, National Sex Offender Registry check, driver history check and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
- This position has a six- (6) month probationary period.
Apply for this position
Thank you for applying for this position. Please remember to fill out and upload your Pre-Employment Application and resume.
Download the Pre-Employment Application at: https://realservices.org/app