This part-time position is responsible for the full-cycle accounts payables system and performs a number of administrative and information tasks to insure correct Agency reports, accounting, and employee benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
● Responsible for full-cycle payables, including but not limited to: invoice preparation, entering invoices, journal vouchers, intra-agency transfers, and printing checks.
● Resolves discrepancies and inquiries from vendors.
● Produces financial and statistical reports as requested.
● Establishes procedures that implement operational and/or fiscal policies.
● Assists in the reconciliation of multiple bank statements.
● Makes entries to the Agency accounting system reflecting payments to In-Home & Contracted Services, Rental Assistance Program, and Energy Assistance Program vendors.
● Assists auditors with documentation requests, spreadsheets, and copying as needed.
● Prepares and sends a monthly financial spreadsheet to the Director of Finance.
● Processes Foster Grandparent Stipend payments on a bi-weekly basis.
● Processes Meals on Wheels volunteer stipend payments monthly.
● Updates employee information status in the accounting system database for various benefits.
● Creates and updates vendor information in MIP accounting system
● Creates adjusting entries in the accounting system per Director’s request.
● Through direct contact, resolves software issues in the accounting system with MIP Representatives.
● Responsible for payables, cash receipts, reporting, and bank reconciliation for Guardianship and Guardian Partner client accounts.
● Prepares reports for In-Home & Contracted Services claims
● Processes staff, Foster Grandparent, and volunteer travel checks.
● Monitors withholding accounts for life, health, dental insurance.
● Backup payroll technician.
● Receptionist back-up.
● Other duties as assigned or requested.
Reports directly to the Finance Coordinator. All major decisions are made by the Director of Administration and Finance. Individual tasks and day-to-day operations need to be accomplished without direct supervision and necessitate good judgment skills. Most work is reviewed by the Finance Coordinator and/or Director for quality and accuracy, either in process or upon conclusion.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or related field preferred. Other academic majors may be substituted with three years experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
● A working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Access and general computer functions, as well as specialized experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets and with accounts payable (MIP)
● Word processing skills and experience with basic office machines.
● Ability to prioritize work, with attention to accuracy, neatness and detail.
● Good oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to make practical application of customary practices, regulations and procedures.
● Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure.
● Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
DIFFICULTY OF WORK
The work consists of moderately complex but standardized processes, requiring a substantial amount of technical understanding of specialized funding source requirements. Accuracy of data entry, attention to detail and deadlines, judgment used and decisions made are critical to the ability of this department to provide accurate, timely, and helpful information. The work is somewhat repetitive, but the specific requirements of each funding source vary requiring attention to detail.
PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
● With Agency staff, Supervisors, Directors, and President/CEO
● With Vendors, State, and Federal representatives.
● With auditors from the State and CPA firms to convey information and answer questions
● With accounting software representatives.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting. Very limited physical effort required. Occasional travel is required in the five county areas.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
● Valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and a dependable vehicle required.
● Successful candidate must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening, a limited criminal history check, a credit check, a National Sex Offender Registry check and fingerprinting.
● Proof of educational credentials is required at time of employment.
● This position has a 6 month probationary period.